Friday, March 20, 2015

Grandma Got ~EMBOSSED~ By a Reindeer*

Clearly the only relationship that exists between the words "EMBOSS-ible" and "impossible" is in the pun of our title, because the embossing-intensive holiday cards for this prompt have been even more awesome than usual! If you need some extra inspiration, be sure to scroll down and peruse the readers' gallery. Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:



Steph says"I wanted to keep this card simple as well, again, focusing on the embossing. I included both wet and dry for this card too. The Nativity Border die from Taylored Expressions was perfect for this card, and it really looks lovely set against the dark blue background. I wanted to add a bit of "something" to my card, but wasn't sure what. Then I decided to stamp the smallest star from the Verve Star of Wonder set, and then cut it out. For some added "pop", I added some gold Wink of Stella, and called it done. Simple and elegant."


Lauren says"The idea for this one came from our fellow Belle and my fellow Jersey girl, Lorraine, of Paper Vernissage. She saw an emboss/resist card i made for Shopping Our Stash a few weeks ago, and the Crafter's Companion mandala stamp I used reminded her of a snowflake. This week, when i was thinking about what to make, I remembered that, and decided to stretch the idea even further to see what would happen; the gorgeous color palette was inspired by the "Floral Fusion" board at Fusion Card Challenge!"


Stephanie says, "I created my card by inking my Christmas Ornament embossing folder with two coordinating shades of blue ink before embossing to get sort-of-a letter press look.  All I did to finish the card was add an SRM Sticker sentiment and a wrap of purple glitter ribbon ... a very easy embossing technique."

*Please Note: Absolutely no reindeer... (or grandmas!) ...were harmed in the making of these cards! :) :) :)

3 comments:

Furrbster said...

I love the effect given by Stephanie's technique. You guys always come up with some brilliant inspiration and technique ideas!!
Hugz Tinz

Deb said...

The Belles have done it again, lovely cards and techniques!

Lorraine said...

Wow! What great inspiration all three of you are. Wonderful creations ladies!