Friday, September 18, 2015

Stashing through the Snow

Let's face it, we *all* have more supplies than we need, but they're sooooooo much fun! Luckily, Shopping Our Stash posts a new challenge every Tuesday, specially designed to encourage us to use a few older items. This fortnight, we Jingle Belles are proud to help in that particular mission, and we invite you to make a holiday card using something at least a year old, link it up here and at SOS, and be eligible for two different prizes. Sound like fun? Scroll down to last week's post for full details. Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:


Donna's Other Card

Donna says, "Designer paper is from a 2013 kit; stockings, twine and sentiment are at least a year old!"


Stephanie says, "I think I could probably shop my stash every day for a year and find something new each time.  I found these gorgeous Darkroom Door Noel Stamps I'm sure have been stashed away for several years without ever seeing any ink ... until now.  I combined them with some ancient green designer paper and some new designs from Simple Stories Claus & Co."


Lauren's Other Card

Lauren says, "I could *definitely* shop my stash every day... and in fairness, I do make it a point to do so most of the time, not just for my SOS design team cards. I really do like a mix of old and new stuff together. For this card I've combined some vintage sheet music, Studio Calico holiday paper from a few years ago, an absolutely ancient sequin and brad, plus a brand new Memory Box snowflake border die. Oh and the ornament is made using my two newest obsessions: Ken Oliver's Color Burst Powders and Viva Glitter Paste!"

Be sure to check out the other fabulous design team cards at Shopping Our Stash!

No comments: