Friday, October 2, 2015

The Hanukkah Song, Verse Two!

We're still creating holiday cards for friends or family who don't necessarily celebrate Christmas... these types of winter-themed cards also make great Winter thinking-of-you cards or holiday thank you cards, too. You could feature one of the other winter holidays or you could go with a winter/snow themed design. Be sure to scroll down to The Hanukkah Song readers' gallery for more inspiration!

Here's what we created:


Lauren says, "I've been having loads of fun playing with Ken Oliver's Colorburst powders. For this card, I made a snowflake stencil using one of my Tim Holtz snowflake dies, sponged Versamark ink through it and embossed in white, then applied a few different shades of blue Colorburst in an emboss/resist technique. I really love how this one came out. I embellished with a stack of diecut and punched snowflakes, added in a few miscellaneous rhinestones and called it a (SNOW)day, lol!"


Stephanie says, "Blue and snow worked so well for me last week, I decided to continue with that theme (it also gives me the perfect opportunity to use the many felt snowflakes I have in my collection).  This time I used the sketch from The Paper Players & an SRM Sticker for my sentiment."

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Such pretty cards, ladies. Love that Colorburst background. I think I need to go and play with my blue Brushos this weekend...

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Lovin' the blues with the flakes you two!! The colorburst is stunning! And I love your layered flakes Steph!! Two beauties!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the snowflake, its so delicate and pretty!

Marie Bingaman said...

Both of these cards are just delicious! I so want them! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! If you have more blue or snowflake beauties, we started a lovely MUSE Christmas Visions Challenge today!!!!!